Arrow through the Heart Arrow through the Heart

Unlike the last two reviewers, I'm not really a fan of Pogo; he has a few nice tracks but there's probably something wrong with me as I don't gel with the cutesy/mellow type music he seems to focus on (even his supposedly hardcore tracks are quite mellow), and this track falls under that category.

That being said it does take skill to find, chop up and rearrange samples with minimal alteration and make it fit together somewhat like a puzzle. Unfortunately, as with most of Pogo's tracks, it feels like the primary selling point is the fact that it uses these samples rather than the music itself; there tends to be little significant progression within the track and more importantly, little variation between tracks so all tracks under the category start sounding the same.

Good effort though, just doesn't happen to be my thing. Luckily for you seems this was posted before the new rules regarding samples came into place here on NG. :)

Almost Love Almost Love

Dat bass ... low and full. Dammmn.

The subsequent synths and percussion all sound interesting and non-repetitive, and come in where you'd expect them to. All the sounds in all the right places.

I can see the intro bass was tactically dropped in places and eventually changed, which helps to alleviate repetition.

All-in-all a slow and soulful, calm and soothing upbeat track that bears the title well.

Starry Night Starry Night

Loving the tune!

Starts with a nice isolated piano intro, elegantly moves onto a catchy uplifting beat.

The piano melody is non-repetitive well-implemented throughout, fitting in cohesively with the rest of the track and neatly complementing the synths and drums.

I didn't perceive the bass issue someone mentioned.

Well done. ;)